Stats & Facts for Speakers
Whether you're speaking at a conference, composing an article or writing a blog post, CEB's insight can help make your job easier.
CEB works with thousands of top executives from the world's biggest companies to source insights. Some of our most interesting and timely data is listed in the links below. If you would like to cite our research in an upcoming speaking engagement or article please refer to our citation guidelines. Can't find what you're looking for? Contact us.
To schedule a CEB subject matter expert for a speaking engagement, please fill out the Speaker Request Form.
- CFOs spend at least 40% of their time on business performance management, but they estimate that 30% of their company's performance potential is lost due to ineffective performance management processes and behaviors.
- Even as companies invest eight- and nine-figure sums to derive insight from financial and customer data, more than 60% of finance staff do not have sufficiently mature processes and skills to do so.
- The CFO role is undergoing its third major shift of the last ten years - away from the early 2000's compliance and reporting activities and the 2008/2009 focus on liquidity and business continuity to identifying and managing opportunities and risks of a global business environment.
- While finance teams have identified talent management as a key means of delivering the value business requires, 80% report that their staff lacks the requisite skills.
- 56% of CFOs are playing an "inquisitor" role in operating reviews, spending more time demanding answers on the financials than being directive about what to do next.
- Companies with a less than credible emerging markets story generated an average total shareholder return of only 2% between 2008 and 2010, compared with a 32% return for those with a credible emerging markets story.